Call for Abstracts
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS ARE CLOSED
The Organising Committee invites abstract submissions for presentations for the ANZSNM 43rd Annual Scientific Meeting 2013 for the following:
- Poster Presentations
- Oral Presentations
Poster presentations will be on display throughout the meeting. Sessions times will be organised for presenters to be at their posters to discuss their work and receive feedback. Posters should be no larger than 1m in width and 1.5m in height.
ANZSNM 43rd Annual Scientific Meeting 2013 welcomes submission from people from all groups in the Nuclear Medicine profession. The Committee will integrate sets of individual oral papers into thematic sessions. Length of presentations will be determined once all submissions have been reviewed.
24 January 2013 – Now closed
Deadline for abstract submission at 5:00pm AWST (Australian Western Standard Time)
22 February 2013
Authors will be notified by email of the result of their abstract submission
8 March 2013
Presenter registration deadline
Details of call for papers
Abstracts may be submitted under the following themes:
- Cardiology / Respiratory
- Oncology / Therapy
- Renal / Gastroenterology
- Musculoskeletal / Infection / Inflammation
- Physics /Instrumentation
- Radiation Safety
- Technologist symposium
- Molecular Imaging
(Please note that the themes may change slightly)
General Guidelines for Submissions for Oral and Poster Presentations
- Abstracts will only be accepted by submitting through the online process
- Specific information such as Authors, Affiliations and Abstract Title must be entered directly into the relevant fields within the Submission site and not listed on the abstract template.
- The abstract content must be uploaded into the system in a Rich Text (.rtf) or Microsoft Word 2003/2007 (.doc) format using the abstract template provided – Download abstract template here
- Maximum of 300 words
- Arial 10 point
- Single spacing (1.0)
- Submitted in English, the official language of the Meeting
- May contain up to one diagram, illustration, table, reference or graphic.
The abstract is to be submitted in the following format:
Background, Aims, Methods, Results, Conclusion
There are five awards on offer for the 2013 meeting:
- Mallinckrodt Covidien Award for Nuclear Medicine Technologist for an oral presentation that improves knowledge in any aspect of nuclear medicine.
- GMS Poster Award for investigational, case study or other work presented as a poster at the 43rd ASM of the ANZSNM
- RADPHARM Technologist Case Presentation Award
- AANMS Registrar Research Award
- Gammasonics Award
To be considered for one of the above awards, click on the relevant award in the Award Section when submitting your abstract online. Full details on applying for these awards and prizes for each award can be viewed here
- Each abstract submission must identify a maximum of 3 keywords that it is addressing. Please list the keywords under the Keywords section of the submission system, not on the abstract. The keywords (2-3 recommended) should be able to be used in an index in the abstract book to help locate the topic of your paper e.g., SPECT, lung scanning, Pulmonary embolus.
- All authors will receive notification of outcome of their submission by 22 February 2013.
- All presenting authors must register and pay for the ASM by 8 March 2013 otherwise the paper will be removed from the program.
- A committee will blind review all abstracts. The committee reserves the right to accept or reject abstracts for inclusion in the program.
- Abstracts received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- The Organising Committee and Meeting Managers will not be held responsible for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly. After an author has submitted their abstract, they should check their submissions using the access key provided during the submission process.
- Responsibility for the accuracy of abstracts rests with the submitting/presenting author.
- An abstract which does not adhere to these requirements is unlikely to be accepted.
Terms & Agreements for Abstract Submissions Below are ANZSNM 2013 ASM Terms and Agreements for abstract submissions. Please read them. As submitting author and authorized representative of this abstract submission you certify that you understand and agree to terms and conditions as stated by indicating your acceptance when prompted during the online abstract submission process. You will not be able to submit the abstract unless you agree to all terms and conditions for ANZSNM 2013 ASM abstracts below.
COPYRIGHT©2012 by the Australian and New Zealand Society of Nuclear Medicine ANZSNM, Inc. ANZSNM reserves all rights to accepted abstracts between the date of acceptance and the date of presentation at the 2013 ANZSNM Annual Meeting (embargo rights). Under this reservation of rights ANZSNM will manage various publications of abstracts including, but not limited to, journals, CDs, Internet publications, and PR and promotional materials for the 2013 ANZSNM Annual Scientific Meeting. Once an abstract has been presented, abstract copyrights revert to authors; however, ANZSNM holds the continuing right to use accepted abstracts (and included tables and images) in ANZSNM publications, abstract CDs, press releases and reprints.
The abstract must not have been submitted to any other national or international meeting.
The abstract, or one that is essentially the same (“duplicate”), has not been submitted to more than once to the ANZSNM 2013. The submitting author understands that if duplicate abstracts by the same authors are determined by the Organising Committee, the abstract(s) will be removed from the program.
The submitting author of this abstract acknowledges that submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the presenting author to register and present this abstract if it is accepted by the ASM 2013 Committee.
The submitting author of the abstract, must certify that ALL authors have reviewed the abstract submission and are satisfied with the complete and entire work, and have agreed to the submission of this abstract for the 43rd ANZSNM Annual Scientific Meeting.
Permission to Capture Content
ANZSNM intends to capture the content of scientific sessions at the 2013 Annual Scientific Meeting. The submitting author, and as the authorized representative of the abstract, must fully understand and agree that if this abstract is ACCEPTED and assigned to an oral session in which the content is captured, ANZSNM has permission to video-record, audio-record, and/or photograph the presentation [slides] delivered by the scheduled presenter of this abstract.
Consent to ANZSNM Terms & Agreements
The submitting author and authorised representative of the submitted abstract must fully understand and comply to all of the ANZSNM terms and agreements as listed on this webpage. In addition, you must attest that the information submitted for this abstract, intended to be published and presented at the ANZSNM 2013 Annual Scientific Meeting, is accurate and true to the best of the submitting author’s knowledge.
All abstracts will go through the following process:
- Blind review by a panel made up of members of the Organising Committee. The Committee retains the right to accept the abstract in a different type of presentation (for example, oral presentation as a poster).
- Acceptance of an abstract will be based on relative merit and the degrees to which the abstract meets the aims of the meeting program.
- The criteria for evaluating abstracts includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Relevance to the meeting themes (listed above),
- Importance of presentation,
- Relevance of content to audience, and
- The person identified as the lead presenter will be the designated contact person and receive all meeting correspondence.
- Authors will be notified of their abstract results by 22 February 2013.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the meeting proceedings.
- The acceptance of an abstract does not imply that funding will be available to any of the authors by the Meeting Managers or the Committee.
- Presenting authors are required to register and pay to attend the ASM.
What Happens Next
- You will receive notification of your abstract results via email by 22 February 2013.
- If you have not received notification of your abstract results by end of February 2013, please contact the ANZSNM 2013 ASM Managers, arinex at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If successful, you will be required to confirm your acceptance of the invitation, confirm the name of the presenter and register the presenter to attend the Meeting by 8 March 2013.
- Further instructions on presentation requirements will be provided in future correspondence. Instructions for the preparation of posters will be sent together with notification of acceptance.
(Please note: All correspondence will be forwarded by email to one contact only. Unless otherwise notified, the ASM Office will assume that the name the submission was uploaded under is the name of the presenter.)
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the ASM. Similarly, no speaker fee is paid to successful applicants.
For further information, please contact the ANZSNM 2013 Scientific Meeting Managers: Email: email@example.com T: 1300 799 691 F: +61 3 9417 0899 arinex ptd limited 91-97 Islington Street Collingwood , Victoria, 3066 Australia